Monday, January 7, 2008

life in the fast lane...makes you thankful for the small moments!


I never cease to be shocked and suprised at how my children teach me about life. I have moments when the stress and pressure of all that I have going on make me lose sight of what is really important....
Last night I was making dinner (3 different things because my kids won't eat the same things, they are both picky but they don't like the same things...) after I had finished the main course (scrambled eggs for me and Aubrie, and Mac and Cheese for Alex) I took a notion to make pancakes. Aubrie praised me for twenty minutes and ate all of them (they weren't that good). She said "mommy you are the best mommy in the world, you are the best cooker ever, you are good at school, good at everything....and on and on...
I am not sure where that praise came from but I needed to hear it. Not only was she encouraging me to see myself through her eyes, I was thankful to know that I have taught her to be open and free with her praises, to love and to be kind. I am always afraid that in diciplining my kids I don't communicate love often enough. Her uprising of praise certainly makes me feel like I am doing an OK job.

No comments: