Powered by Blogger.

Monday, May 26, 2008

About Me...

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious ambiguity".
Gilda Radner, 1946-1989



I am 30 and until now my life has been defined by my relationships with others.
I am a Daughter, a Christian, a Friend, a Student, a Businesswoman, a Mother, and a Teacher.
I am Amy Elizabeth.
I love to laugh. I am corny and silly. I love jokes that make you cringe because they are so silly. (For example, "What is blue and fluffy?", "Blue Fluff!!!" So Funny!) Most of the time, I am sarcastic. I love sarcasm probably because I am terrible with words and usually say the opposite of what I mean. I am forgiving, and loyal to a fault. I am all or nothing. If I let you in my life, I would do anything for you. I am selective. I expect a lot from people, however, I give more than I expect. I am slightly OCD about some things, and completely careless with other things. I am observant; therefore, I get to know people quickly. I have learned to believe people when they show you who they are, the FIRST time. I am still afraid of love, but warming to the idea. My heart has been broken, but is not bitter. My life has fallen apart, and that wasn’t the end. There are always pieces to put back together, and ways to reuse broken things. Therefore, I rarely throw things away. I am sentimental, nostalgic, and loving. I love math, logic, and all things that are absolute. I take comfort in them, but I am artistic. I love to be ambiguous with concrete ideas. The expression of art is in itself a puzzle, sometimes with a concrete solution, but often times with a solution that is individual. Math is in that way art as well. Solutions can be concrete or individual. Exploring that is mind boggling. I love teenagers, and never want to be so old I can’t relate to how they feel. I am a teacher. I teach math because I love math, I teach teenagers because I love teenagers. I hope to spread that love of math to them, and continue the cycle. I have a tender heart, I am saddened by the injustice of the world, yet my own unfair experiences have hardened me somewhat. I am compassionate, and have an amazing ability to empathize with other people. I am now in my 30's, I haven’t taken enough road trips, I haven’t been to a roller coaster in 8 years, I am not settled where I will grow old, and I don’t know where my career will take me. However, I have experienced love and loss, I have lost and regained the need for adventure, I have babies who are lifelong companions, I know what I love to do, I am pursuing my passions, I have a family who loves me, I know who I am and can be confident, I know Whose I am and therefore I am firmly planted. I look forward to my 30’s, I am wiser, younger, and happier than I was in my 20’s and that means they can be nothing short of fabulous!

"I urge you therefore brethren in view of God's mercy, present your bodies as a
living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God, This is your spiritual act of
worship. Do not conform any longer to the patterns of this world but be
transformed by the renewing of your minds, then you will be able to test and
approve what God's will is, His good pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:1-2

"I am still not all I should be, but I am bringing all my energies to bear on
this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I
strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God is
calling us up to heaven because of what Christ Jesus did for us." Phillipians
3:13-14 

No comments: